Senior Back-End Developer
As senior back-end developer you’ll be responsible for the server side code and APIs of our mobile
applications. You’ll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design,
development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. Your work will impact the
stability and quality of our mobile applications. You’ll write reusable and maintainable code. You’ll
also perform UI tests to optimise performance. You’ll work closely with our front-end development
team to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. Ultimately, you’ll be the
driving force behind all back-end activities.
● Build Web APIs with Clean Architecture.
● Maintaining and developing server-side network components.
● Maintaining the optimal performance of our central database and ensuring responsiveness to
any front-end requests.
● Collaborating with front-end application developers on element integration.
● Writing efficient, reusable, and testable code used in high-performance applications.
● Documenting Node.js processes and database schemas, and preparing adequate reports.
● Implementing and recommending improvements to technologies and processes.
● Strong experience with programming languages like Python, Java or Ruby.
● Strong experience with relational and document databases.
● Experience building services using REST or GraphQL.
● Good understanding of the entire product development lifecycle.
● Excellent analytical skills and good at time management.
● Great problem-solving skills and a team player.
● You’re curious about new technologies and you’re excited to find ways to implement them in
● At least 5 years development experience.
● BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
● In-depth knowledge of Node.js frameworks such as Express.js and Koa.js
● Experience with cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, containerisation,
microservices and Software-defined Infrastructure.