Job title: Cook/Chef
We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff(kitchen assistant).
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Monitor food stock and place orders.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers).
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Culinary school diploma preferred.
Kindly send your CV in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org