Fundraising Consultant (BRILLIANCE FAMILY INTERNATIONAL)
Are you passionate about empowering community through CREATING LASTING SOLUTIONS TO POVERTY, IGNORANCE AND SOCIAL INJUSTICES? Do you have demonstrated experience in the nonprofit developments?
We are seeking an experienced Fundraising Consultant to build BRILLIANCE FAMILY WELFAREs’ visibility, impact, and financial resources. In particular, s/he will be responsible for identifying, initiating introductions, and building relationships with top prospective foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
An ideal candidate would have proven experience and success in securing major contributions from a variety of sources, and extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the philanthropic community. S/he should possess strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently.
About BRILLIANCE FAMILY INTERNATIONAL
BRILLIANCE FAMILY is a nonprofit organization, international in scope working to CREATE LASTING SOLUTIONS TO POVERTY, IGNORANCE AND SOCIAL INJUSTICE.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Work with CEO to initiate and build relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors, and secure funding.
• Identify prospective mid-level and high net worth donors globally.
• Develop list of top foundation and corporate prospects at the local, national and international level.
• Manage and track all donor information, and develop stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
• Assist CEO and BRILLIANCE FAMILY’S volunteers in finding sponsors for special events throughout the year.
Requirements & desired skills and experience
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the nonprofit development field, and a proven record of securing major contributions from foundations, corporations, and additional sources; experience working for nonprofit(s) of similar scope with BRILLIANCE FAMILY
• Registered as a professional fundraiser, where applicable.
• Experience researching and securing gifts from individuals; access to high net worth databases and subscriptions to capacity research tools is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the philanthropic community.
• Proven experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
• High energy and passion for BRILLIANCE FAMILY’s mission and goals is essential.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
Terms and conditions
The Fundraising Consultant will work as a freelance, with a flexible schedule, on an initial contract of 3 months. S/he will report to, and work closely with, BRILLIANCE FAMILYs’ Chief Executive Officer.
Most of the work will be carried remotely and freelance, with bi-monthly meetings with the Chief Executive Officer at Nairobi (Kenya) Arusha (Tanzania), Kigali (Rwanda), Sao Paulo ( Brazil) or Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Virtual meetings will also be applicable.
At the end of the 3-month contract, achievements will be reviewed with the possibility of extension if the approach has been successful and sustainable.
Contact: The Executive Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume and write a brief cover email with the title “Fundraising Consultant” describing your background and experience, and explaining why you’re applying for this position at BRILLIANCE FAMILY INTERNATIONAL