DRZ Law Group is seeking the right person to take on responsibilities as a Litigation Paralegal.
Candidates must have first-rate interpersonal skills and be comfortable on the phone with clients and be effective at developing rapport with prospective clients.
Typical tasks will involve:
- Preparing case files for hearings and trials
- Scheduling events on the Firm’s master calendar
- Drafting letters and court documents (pleadings, motions)
- Conducting research about laws and judicial decisions
- Helping attorneys prepare cases for hearings
- Assisting lawyers in the courtroom
- Communicating with clients with updates and gathering information
- Preparing discovery and responses to discovery demands
- Organizing files
- The selected candidate will be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent writing, keyboarding skills, and good spelling, and grammar are required.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Candidates should have completed a course of study offered by a college or university,
- Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant with a focus on civil litigation.
- Business litigation or IP experience is a plus
- Please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
About DRZ Law
Our mission is to empower start-ups and growing businesses with client-centered solutions and practical advice about trademarks, patents, copyrights, and business law. We do this by being our authentic selves and practicing active listening and empathy in client communications. We believe professionalism starts with authenticity. We work mostly remotely (from home) with excellent work / life balance and a supportive, collaborative, results-based culture. We reward and celebrate great performance using objective KPIs.