Position Overview: Under the guidance of the Senior Accounts Manager and the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accounts Assistant will support the day to day activities of the finance team to ensure that the NDI financial policies and procedures are administered and adhered to.
Contract duration: Three (3) Months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Program staff in and outside Abuja in the disbursement of transport/meal allowance, per-diem etc., when the need arises;
- Maintains and keeps financial records of petty cash operations/reconciliations etc.;
- Updating & filing of financial records;
- Follow up with receipts and invoices from concerned staff;
- Going to the bank (As required);
- Follow up with the Institutions such as NHF, Pension Administration, FIRS etc.;
- Scanning of finance documents etc., for monthly reconciliation reports;
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets;
- Verify and track invoices, including line items and allocations;
- Manage collections and distribution of financial documents to NDI concerned staff and partners;
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of financial documents such signing sheets, receipts, invoices and other financial related documents etc;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related business field.
- Two or more years of work experience preferably in auditing, performing transaction tests, and finance and/or grants management.
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures.
- Competence with Excel and Word and with accounting software packages such as Quicken, QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive is preferred.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations in Nigeria, which are often remote and difficult to reach.
To Apply: Please send your most recent CV, a cover letter, and contact details of three professional references by email to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email. The deadline for submission of applications is January 9, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation or any other personal characteristic.
About National Democratic Institute (NDI)
NDI is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington D.C. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its partners worldwide have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. In Nigeria, NDI currently operates with funding from USAID and FCDO.