Employment Type: Full-time
We are looking to hire a procurement assistant and the successful candidates will be responsible for –
• Performing research to identify potential suppliers and evaluating their qualification.
• Communicating with stakeholders about supply status.
• Preparing purchase orders approved by the Head of procurement and negotiating price changes with vendors when cost fluctuates significantly.
• Keeping records of orders placed, shipments received and updating inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
• Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
• Manage the distribution of supplies in the company.
• Monitor inventory levels and access to the material.
• Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity and vendors.
• Making recommendations to the Head of Procurement on selection of suppliers; Identifying suppliers and registering them both in the files and in the system;
• Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Construction, Building, Business Admin with relevant training in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience.
• Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures; excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and procurement software would be added advantage.