Job Title: Communications Account Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Starting date: February, 2023
Company: Sybil and James Communications
Sybil and James Communications – is actively seeking a Account Manager to join its team in the agency’s Ikeja Location, working with high-profile cooperate and commercial clients to implement communications strategies to align with their overarching business goals.
The candidate should demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations; including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans. Moreover, the candidate should demonstrate a high degree of written communication skills, initiative, creativity and be extremely organized.
The right candidate must have a genuine passion for managing ongoing communications on behalf of high profile cooperate and commercial clients, using initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills, written communication skills, creativity, organization skills and an established understanding of Communications, PR, branding and marketing are essential.
· Provide strategic and tactical support to the Account Executive
· Day to day client contact and manage client expectations
· Develop an effective Digital Marketing and Communications Strategy for all client briefs, inclusive of launches, events, online, social media platforms.
· Build strategy to unify brand communication across social media channels.
· Creating assets for online and offline execution including but not limited to online interactive ad formats, paid and organic social campaigns, etc.
· Managing the end-to-end process for all shoots (campaign, content) including mood-boarding, talent selection, negotiations, retouching notes, etc.
· Generate feature placement in appropriate titles
· Maintain regular contact with key press
· Manage PR campaigns for diverse cooperate and commercial clients from conception to completion.
· Working with internal and external team to manage launch events for media and influencers.
· Line managing junior staff to ensure they meet targets
· Be brand champion, an expert on communications knowledge and build key relationships.
· Delivering coverage across online, offline and blogs, and leverage added value from all PR activity.
· Lead in the promotion of all brands, exclusive collections and products to ensure that each team member and the designers are being closely monitored.
· Promote Sybil & James and its campaigns, activities and events to the media, general public and external audiences globally.
· Own all media relations and to continue to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists.
· Monitor Sybil & James brand placement/exposure, ensuring all communication and activity are on-brand
· Work closely with the social media team and brief on all events and launch initiatives
· Work with the Account Executive to compile a seasonal calendar of PR activity
· Manage and support on new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches.
The Ideal Candidate
· Strong presentation skills.
· Creative and strategic thinker
· Strong established press contacts
· Strong experience of event management
· Strong presentation & superb writing skills
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Enthusiastic about the creative process.
· Ability to change gears quickly as priorities shift.
· Professional and calm demeanor
· Team oriented
· Social Media savvy
· Knowledge of common social media platforms
· Proven experience operating in a senior position within the Communications industry.
· Proven commercial experience with working in a fast-paced environment.
· Familiarity with the organization of press reports and press clips.
· Able to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines
· Excellent prioritizing and time management.
· Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent communication skills.
· Extremely well organized, methodical and efficient, with strong initiative.
· Management experience is highly desirable
· Proven track record of creating a positive impact on business through implementation of a PR strategy
· Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
· Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
· Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly promote the Sybil & James offering
· Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
· Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
· Proven experience, full time at a mid-sized agency within a cooperate comms and or digital marketing environment.
Sybil and James is a boutique agency, providing communications, creative and digital strategies to leading brands.
We align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success.
The strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. SJC’s services cover press relations, print and online editorial procurement, product placement, high profile event management and innovative creative and digital marketing.